About Me

My photo
I never know what to write in these 'About Me' sections.. I am me.. I guess.. Yes 'cliché' I know.. But it's true.. I have a lot of interests.. And hobbies.. Musical theatre is my passion, for now.. But basically I'm a drama kid, through and through.. I'm bi-polar and I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [OCD].. And if that doesn't spell fun, then I don't know what does.. But you know what, I'm quite proud of it.. Cause it makes me who I am.. What makes you who you are..? I like asking questions.. I like to know things.. It makes me feel smart.. And it's fun to feel smart, especially when all your friends are amazing.. Life is good.. Ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a different answer.. For now that's all I've got.. If you find the need to know more, then ask me.. Peace..

Monday 31 August 2009

Random Question.. 2

NUMBER DUEX!

If mud is dirt plus water, what is clay?

This one actually stumped me.. I stopped for about 2 and a half minutes trying to think..

I thought clay was stuff that kids [and myself from time to time] played with..
That colourful stuff.. Some kids eat it.. Dunno what that's about..
[Play-Doh]

Or maybe that other stuff.. The more 'adult' clay..
Y'know, the stuff that they make models and table wear out of..
['Adult' clay]

Clay is , I believe, thicker and denser than mud..
[Look at me sounding all smart and knowledgeable.. haha]

I guess..
Clay is dirt plus water..
Mud is dirt plus ALOT of water..


What's your answer..?
[Post in comments..]


Peace

JustSomeGirl

x

7 comments:

  1. Actually, clay is clay minerals plus some water, depending on the type of clay. Kid's clay, more commonly referred to as "Play-Doh," is actually, according to Wikipedia, "water, a starch-based binder, a retrogradation inhibitor, salt, lubricant, surfactant, preservative, hardener, humectant, fragrance, and color," plus oil and borax to keep it smooth and prevent molding.

    Also, I really liked your "day off" post, and hope you can read and comment on mine:

    http://dannysignifyingnothing.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-internet-stood-still.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnnaLucinda : I see..

    dannyd : Thanks for that.. Now can you say it in English..? haha

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I will lol! It's basically, flour, salt, water, oil, and whatever the heck "borax" is. :P

    I liked your comment on my "day off" post, and hope you can see this post as well:

    http://dannysignifyingnothing.blogspot.com/2009/09/fresh-stuff-signifying-nothing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... oh wow..
    i thought i quit science..
    ITS EVERYWHERE..!!

    i thought clay was a certain type of rock..[and water] like mud is soil and water..
    Like you have sandstone..
    [and all the layers i cant rememeber that i learnt in geography] =3

    why am i thinking about clay now.. Thanks ¬_¬

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys..
    Science lesson is now over.. Class dismissed..
    haha

    ReplyDelete