About Me

My photo
I never know what to write in these 'About Me' sections.. I am me.. I guess.. Yes 'cliché' I know.. But it's true.. I have a lot of interests.. And hobbies.. Musical theatre is my passion, for now.. But basically I'm a drama kid, through and through.. I'm bi-polar and I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [OCD].. And if that doesn't spell fun, then I don't know what does.. But you know what, I'm quite proud of it.. Cause it makes me who I am.. What makes you who you are..? I like asking questions.. I like to know things.. It makes me feel smart.. And it's fun to feel smart, especially when all your friends are amazing.. Life is good.. Ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a different answer.. For now that's all I've got.. If you find the need to know more, then ask me.. Peace..

Monday 10 August 2009

Wanna Read A Film..?

Can I ask all of you people out there a question..?

Do films ruin the books..?
And is the current state of literature being ruined by the film industry..?

I ask this because I'm wondering whether books are becoming less or more popular due to films being made based upon them..

For example, as you may know I have been getting into Harry Potter, not the books the films and the [unofficial] musical..
Now because I already know how it ends and I have seen all six of the films, I don't see the need to read the books..
Especially as I feel that I'll always have the book in my head..

I'd like to point out that this is the same as Twilight.. Watched the film and now I don't really wanna read the books anymore..

I think I'll nearly always say that it is better to read the book before watching the film.. Because you can create the characters in your head.. I believe it's more fulfilling..

So I ask you, which do you prefer, films or books, and why..?


Final Thought:
Feature films, for the lazy reader..?

Peace

JustSomeGirlYouKnow

x

1 comment:

  1. I always read the book. (except for harry potter i just saw like two movies) Its very rare when I see a movie before I read the book. Ive noticed though that some books are made based off the movie..and the cover is a sence from the movie. (hard to explane)
    I really do think books will always be better then the movies. I have more books then dvds on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete